Friday, October 14, 2005

25CNS - Punk Rock Benedictines?

Two things intertwined this eveing in a most agreeable manner. First, I purchased a copy of 'The Rule Of St. Benedict', and began reading it. It basicaly 'monk life for dummies' and is very good. One of its big themes is not grumbling.

Ouch! Sair yin! I dinny like being called out on that one.

The second thing was that I went to see 25 Cats Named Sam play @ Edinburghs Bannermans Bar. T'was good to see them, especialy since it was their penultimate gig. In the couple of years they have been together they really have made some great music. Intense, angry, springy, jarring noise. However, Edinburgh can be a cliquey city and because they dont know the right people and hang about at the right places and all that they are virtually ignored. I urge you to visit their purevolume site (http://www.purevolume.com/25catsnamedsam) and realise why this is an injustice.

However, as they shook their colective feline thang this evening, it struck me that I have never heard them complain.

Grumbligs crap. Im going to try to stop it. Here endeth my lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home