Friday, February 03, 2006

Eh? What? Oh...

Hmmm.... was assessing the whole monk thing on the train to work this morning. Not to sure Im happy at the moment, likes. Broke down the whole thing as I thrapped allong the track*:

Contemplation (stopping and thinking 'actually, what am I doing?') - Im going good here... and even better since begining to write mair.

Economy of life (less is more type living) - Doing pretty well... giving up chippy's (perhaps I'll make it a lent thing) and trying to be more responsable with my stuff.

Purity (thinking right, living right) - Aye, could do better but generaly on the up. Slowly, oh so slowly, but surely, oh so surely.

Spending time with God (talking to him and reading his book) - Proper falling on my face and knackering it.

Im happy about the first three, but am again realising they're just mumbo jumbo witch doctor stuff if im not living the last one. *sigh* Looks like I've gone all Pharisee again. Time to make some changes - feel free to hassle me about how Im getting on.

* any one know any good additions to this list?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

these are good.

here are some thoughts from a franciscan monk I once met:

" "five messages that a teenage boy needs to learn to become a wise man": 1. Life is hard 2. You are going to die 3. You are not that important 4. You are not in control 5. Your life is not about you "

2:55 pm  
Blogger Dougleross said...

...sair yin.

3:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home