Friday, December 16, 2005

Metro-mas (not so merry)...

Id like you to take moment out of your busy pre-holiday schedule to join me in a moment of incredulity. It goes a little something like this:

The set up -
Within the pages of popular commuter rag 'Metro', there's a stream of people complaining that Chrismas is not what it used to be. They wonder what happened to the good old days, (most have a 'before it got commercial' comment around this point) and lament over the empty ritual it has become. Zero beef so far.

The point -
However, when said rhetoric comes from people who refuse to celebrate Christ (which is, after all, the majority of the uk), I just cant understand it. Why not just say:

"I love nothingness! I have done since I was a kid. Its crap how that empty thing we used to do that meant nothing still means nothing, though. It should go back to meaning nothing again!".

If its that meaningless - dont bother.

The incredulity -
*please insert your incredulity here - you may wish to accompany it with a contorted facial expression of disbelief, a gasp of exlamation, or both*

The reassurance -
Let me assure you that the Doogs is not a humbug merchant, though. I love how Christmas is open to all. I just dont think its fair for folk to burden themselves when they dont even get the good of it. YOU HAVE A CHOICE PEOPLE! THATS THE WHOLE POINT!

Thank you for joining me. You may return to the rest of your nothing/Christmas (delete as appropriate) now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home