Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Lets all go to the show...

Friday nicht in Livi and Im compereing a gig.

Look like an unusual show:
Its big fer Livi - about 300 punters.
I aint seen most of the bands.
Naebody's allowed tae jump aboot (travesty!).
Its being filmed.

Then I bump intae some frinds that I aint seen fer like, two years. Yas! This is what its all about! Turns oot they're headlining (There known as DANIKA STAR. And lo... they go off like firecrackers), and where the folk responsable for me being offered this gig. We catch up, talk about their last band (Embra nu-metalers 'Shindig' - fantastic!). We faert around on camera and make some new frinds.

Singer, John pops over wi a CD the next day. Its gid. We talk about tours, rehearsals, the 'Christian' scene and sXe before he shoots off. The best bit is I know I'll catch them at a gig again, even if it takes another two years, and we'll huv mair of the same.

I love this. I love these guys. This is 'scene' at its very best.

5 Comments:

Blogger pine-cones said...

Being filmed and no jumpers. Sounds like SoP to me!

10:35 am  
Blogger Dougleross said...

heh heh heh - its a fair cop...

3:45 pm  
Blogger MaFt said...

no jumpers as in 'sweaters' or jumpers as in people jumping?!

i've been to gigs with signs in the doorway saying "no crowd surfing" but no jumping? crazeeness!

MaFt

11:59 am  
Blogger Dougleross said...

Aye man - punters dancing where politely asked to simmer down a peg or two and return to their seats.

You could boogie on the spot, but no more.

There was, however, several mini-mosh 'happenings' in the backstage area.

5:01 pm  
Blogger weareallghosts said...

Hey...

Hooked up the Mr Haggis and he suggested I say "Hola" and check out your podcast... can you give me the URL as I am having a blonde moment and cannae find a link on your blog.

Peace/ Blessings for your journey

Thomas aka Headphonaught

4:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home