Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Doogs On Tour...

England is a nice place - Im beginning to see what theyre on about.

Thursday saw me heading south to my paternal home of Sheffield for the first time in 8 years. Last time I was there it was to bury my amazing Auntie Blanche who lived her whole life in one house (right next door to the hoose ma da was born in). The train passed amazing grand churches which speckled the eerily flat landscape. It was nice to find life awaiting me in this visit as the blue haired medical student Chris played his very first gig with his new band Free For All. Kind of Snuff meets Billy Brag and, a few wee timing foibles aside, not too shabby at all.

Friday led me back to Livi for an astounding show of streingth from Tabasco Fiasco (www.myspace.com/tabfiasco), the astounding Secta Rouge (www.myspace.com/sectarouge) and promising livi young team A Torn Mind (www.myspace.com/atornmindband). Sadly, these myspace accounts largely dont represent the incredible live abilities.

Saturday took me down to Bradford for punk worship (www.punkworship.co.uk), perpitrated by a certain blog fellow of mine, MaFt. I met and was really encouraged by Stevo, who's really involved in the Manchester Hardcore/sXe scene. It was also nice to get a chance to wallow in God for a few hours. Ideal.

Sunday returned me to Livi and straight into compereing at the Nitespot in a battle of the bands type affair. Things got rowdy (I keep promising myself to stop crowd surfing, I really do). 3 Steps Back done Livi's punk heritage proud and wen through to the semi's. A Shite State Of Affairs reformed and played a fantastic acoustic set. Deadstuartwakes new band Rodent Emporium opened and where sounding gid - and mair gid with every passing show (www.myspace.com/rodentemporium).

4 days of trains, gigs and chips have wearied my body but poured a bucket of freezing water over my bed ridden spirit. Yas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home