Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Regarding 'stuff'...

So the prayer squat experiment has provied a complex and colourful get together. It all barely fits in my leaky head, let alone in paragraphs and grammar...

Spent the weekend thinking about economy manifesting in many forms... eventually visited the local recycling centre and found it was really busy. Yas! Im sure God is pleased with this. I didnt realise how messy my house was untill we turfed 9 or 10 black bags full of crap out (thankyou Sam and Han!). Houses fill up with stuff, and Im reminded how useless 90% of what we own is.

Words sometimes became awkward as I began to learn how to sit with God in peace. Quiet became a celebration. Stillness was like jelly and cake. People relaxed, let the stuff cluttering their bonce get swept and then let their inside self out to play. Patience became important as I realised its no easy being with the likes of me.

I think God can do more with empty things than with things full of stuff. Among other things, these 48 hours has made me realise this is not a truism. It just true.

1 Comments:

Blogger MaFt said...

if we empty our heads of all the crap we have in there then there's more room for god. sadly though, sometimes we empty our heads of all the crap only to let some new crap in without giving god a chance. why can't life be easy?

MaFt

11:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home