Sunday, December 24, 2006

Iron Maiden...

Yas! Keith from YakNak gave me a ticket to see Iron Maiden at the SECC last week and it was AMAAAAZING! I completely regressed to a 14 tear old, giggling when they brought Steve Harris' bass oot tae sound check.

Was I stuck in the seating area? Yes. Where they old men? Yes. Did I not recognise most of the songs? Yes. Was it a contender for gig of the year anyway? Too chuffing right!

Id vowed never to return to the SECC after a particularly ropey Smashing Pumpkins show 10 years ago, but was really chuffe dto see the place has really got its chops together. It actually sounded half decent in there fer a change. But most impressive was to see that the Irons where still still kicking large amounts of prime rump steak.

Maiden where getting a bit long in the tooth when I was a young man (about the '7th Son' era), but never deviated from what they loved. I left them to explore other avenues for a while - Im so very glad that they did'nt follow my lead. Viva their integrity! I could easily paraphrase Jesus' story of the prodigal son here, but you get the picture !m sure.

Its comforting to know that there are constants in the universe other than comets and maths.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Them there Ironing Maidens make yonder DEEEEEVIL MUSIC. One hopes ye shalt repent of your wicked ways else burn in the sulphurous, stinking pits of hell and damnation.

Soothsayer MaFt

2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home